Advanced Language Training for the SAT and ACT is for the student who needs extra help on their English language and writing skills. The course focuses on writing, grammar, and reading comprehension skills needed to succeed on the SAT, ACT, and other standardized tests. It is ideal for the student whose first language is not English, or for the student who wants to reach their full academic potential. Topics covered in the course includes:
- Common idiomatic phrases
- Metaphors and similes
- Synonyms, antonyms, and homonyms
- Common roots, prefixes, and suffixes
- Grammatical skills
- SAT vocabulary
- Composing essays
- Students may attend Mondays or Tuesdays: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. 10 Weeks. Contact office for start date.
- The class is kept small-8 students max.
- This class should be taken following or concurrently with a Knowledge Guides group/individual course.
- $399 per student. $100 off for current and former Knowledge Guides' students
The goal of the class is to help students increase their scores on the SAT and ACT, but it will also improve students’ performance on AP Exams and other courses, as well. Instructional activities will include in-class writing, discussion of important concepts, and critical thinking exercises. Some light outside reading and writing assignments will be necessary to supplement the class instruction. This will be a very beneficial class, but it will also be an interesting and enjoyable.
Ready to sign up?
Sign up over the phone by calling 817-451-6200 or online by clicking the button to the right .